|A word cloud of my most frequently used words in 2011 in Facebook status|
updates, Tweets, emails and instant message conversations.
Welcome to Change the Word's Best of 2011, where I recap the best moments from the blog and entertainment community this year. Today, we cover my favorite moments in entertainment. Instead of creating a top 10 ranking, I picked one or two favorites in each category.
With that, I introduce my top entertainment picks 2011:
• Comedy: Bridesmaids
• Drama: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2
and Jane Eyre
• Comedy: 30 Rock and Parks and Recreation
• Drama: Bones
• Best line: "It's like, why didn't I resign in disgrace 12 years ago?" (Parks and Recreation)
• Best album: Adele - 21
• Best love song: Lady Antebellum — Just a Kiss
• Best breakup song: Chris Young — Tomorrow
• Best song to cry to: Adele — Someone Like You
• Best song to jam to: Bad Meets Evil featuring Bruno Mars — Lighters
• Best workout song: LMFAO — Sexy and I Know It
• Best car sing along: David Guetta featuring Usher — Without You
• Best car dance music: Maroon 5 — Moves Like Jagger
• Best Nebraska reference: Lady Gaga — You and I
• Best I-had-to-look-up-the-lyrics-to-sing-along song: Kenny Chesney — Somewhere With You
• Best music video: Katy Perry's Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)
• Websites: www.savvyauthors.com and www.chicklitplus.com
• Meme: Feminist Ryan Gosling
• Colin Firth wins Academy Award for Best Actor.
• The Royal Wedding. My friends and I made T-shirts and drank mimosas, people, and then we went to work. It was an epic experience.
• The gingerbread office scene in Parks and Recreation's mid-season finale.
• Brennan telling Booth she was pregnant in Bones' season finale.
• The Emmy nominees for best actress in Comedy rushing the stage during the awards show for a beauty pageant moment.
• New Tech Device: iPhone 4S (If you don't have Siri, then you don't even know.)
Now it's your turn: What were your favorite entertainment moments from this year? I'm sure I missed more than a few, so let's hear it.