One of my favorite holiday traditions is gift giving. And because I consider you my friends in reading and writing I want to give you something this holiday season.
Welcome to the Twelve Days of Writing. During the next three weeks, I will release four posts each week (Monday through Friday) sharing some of my favorite writing tips. This will include how to generate story ideas, find motivation, exercises to develop your writing and more. In conjunction I will also have a weekly drawing to give one lucky reader a prize.
How to win:
• At the end of each Twelve Days of Writing post I will have a prompt. Everyone who answers it in the comments section will be entered into a drawing for that week's prize.
• Prompts will also be included on Reading in the Kitchen posts.
• Entries must be received every Friday by 1:45 p.m. CDT.• Winners will be announced on the blog at 2 p.m. CDT Friday.
• Winners will have 48 hours to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to provide directions on how I can deliver the prize.
• Only one entry per post, but you can enter on every post.
• Prizes will only be delivered in U.S. or Canada this year. (If participation is good, I may open it up to overseas next year.)
Allusions Not Illusions Prize Package
|The Allusions Not Illusions Prize Package contains the Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Allusions and Laura Chapman's novel planning kit* (index card holder, 100 multicolored index cards, pens, paperclips and binder clips).|
Inspiration Prize Package
|The Inspiration Prize Package contains 50 Things that Really Matter and Laura Chapman's novel planning kit* (index card holder, 100 multicolored index cards, pens, paperclips and binder clips).|
Reading in the Kitchen Prize Package
|The Reading in the Kitchen Prize Package contains How to Cook Like a Top Chef, two sets of 10 recipe cards and set of multi-colored cocktail stirrers.|
If you have any questions about the contest let me know. I look forward to sharing my tips with you and reading your comments in return.