You either connected the dots, ignored it or don't follow me on Twitter, but regardless, I'm pleased to officially make this announcement:
This month, I signed a contract with Simon & Fig to release a novelette by me, Laura Chapman.
* cue the applause and teeny bopper screaming *
Thank you, thank you. I'm beyond delighted. I've previously alluded to this, but the novelette will be included in a winter holiday anthology scheduled for release in November 2013. We'll do an official title and cover reveal for the anthology in September.
Until then, I can share a few details with you about my story:
- The idea for this anthology was born during a Chick Lit Chat on Twitter last holiday season.
- I started the first draft while I was in Colorado in April.
- It's set in Breckenridge, Colorado.
- It's chick lit with heavy focus on Christmas, romance and secrets.
- It involves a rock band.
- I finished it earlier this month while I was on vacation in L.A.
- Right now, the story is with my beta readers and will go on to my fabulous editor and publisher in June.
This is a dream come true. When I started this blog more than two years ago, my goal was to one day become a published author. I hoped to be one by 2013, and with this, it's happening. The years of dreaming, hours of writing and seemingly never-ending edits all make a little more sense, now.
Stay tuned for more information about this upcoming anthology. Hopefully, I'll have more exciting news to share with you on the publishing front soon.
Receive Change the Word's latest updates in your Inbox. Subscribe by entering your information under "Follow by email" in the sidebar. Follow me on Twitter @lmchap or "Like" Change the Word on Facebook.