Blogger's Note: In honor of Valentine’s Day, the ladies of #ChickLitChat are celebrating #ChickLitLove all week. Today, we're celebrating our best girlfriends for Galentine's Day. Check out how Lexi, Kara and Brenna from Hard Hats and Doormats make the day special. This is the checklist of must-haves for their festivities. Enjoy!
1. Frozen margaritas and chips and salsa. Kara is a pro at making mixed drinks and Brenna will cover the accompanying snacks. And if all else fails, they can hit up their favorite Mexican restaurant in The Woodlands for everything they need.
2. Homemade cupcakes. Though Lexi's work schedule keeps her busy, there is no way she won't stay up late the night before to bake something delicious to share with her friends. Given the Galentine's Day theme, she'll probably use one of the following recipes:
3. A reading of empowering quotes from powerful ladies. Here's a sample of what they'll likely read:
“Woman must not accept; she must challenge. She must not be awed by that which has been built up around her; she must reverence that woman in her which struggles for expression.” — Margaret Sanger
“I’ve come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that’s as unique as a fingerprint – and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you.” — Oprah Winfrey
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." — Eleanor Roosevelt
4. Marathon. In the interest of fairness, each lady gets to pick one hot man to include in their movie/TV marathon. Kara picks Michael Fassbender and Jane Eyre. Brenna chooses Ryan Gosling and The Notebook. And because they're pressed for time, Lexi picks Ian Somerhalder and an episode of The Vampire Diaries. She's OK with having the shortest pick, though, because she gets to stare into Ian's eyes for 45 minutes.
5. Karaoke. As usual, Brenna will sing one of two songs, Kara will randomly pick one and Lexi will select something from her extensive repertoire to mark the occasion. As a bonus, the ladies will join forces to perform "Hold On" by Wilson Phillips. It's obviously the best song to celebrate their friendship.
About the Book
Lexi Burke has always been a stickler for following rules and procedures. As a human resources manager for a leading Gulf Coast chemical company, it’s her job to make sure everyone else falls in line, too.
But after losing out on a big promotion–-because her boss sees her as too much of a yes-woman––Lexi adopts a new policy of following her heart instead of the fine print. And her heart knows what it wants: Jason Beaumont, a workplace crush who is off limits based on her previous protocol.
While navigating a new romance and interoffice politics, Lexi must find the confidence to stand on her own or face a lifetime of following someone else’s orders.
Who says nice girls have to finish last?
Buy the Book
Barnes & Noble
Add to Goodreads
Visit the Publisher – Marching Ink
Read Behind-the-Scenes stories from the making of Hard Hats & Doormats
Watch the Book Trailer
If you're looking for some other great Chick Lit reads, tune in to #ChickLitLove on Facebook and Twitter and check out this Pinterest page.
Have the latest posts from Change the Word delivered to your Inbox by entering your contact information under "Follow by Email." Stay connected with Laura Chapman on Facebook, Twitter and Goodreads. Receive updates from Change the Word between posts on Facebook.