(Psst... Be sure to scroll to the bottom to learn about a chance to win a fabulous prize!)
My latest novel, The Marrying Type, tells the story of a wedding planner with a lot on her plate. She has to save her family from bankruptcy...
The one who got away is back in the picture, and she's conflicted about it (her feelings are stronger than ever, but he doesn't seem too happy about it)...
She has some of the most high profile and complicated profiles of her career...
The story's playlist needed to reflect all of that.
I built the playlist factoring in weddings, old heartaches, timeless feelings, classic, and new. Some of the songs are ones I imagine for specific scenes. Others are for the story at large. They're listed in no particular order aside from the one in which I added them to the playlist.
I hope you enjoy the playlist and the story.
The Marrying Type the Playlist
"The One That Got Away" by Katy Perry
"Don't You Remember" by Adele
"If I Walk Away" by Josh Groban
"One and Only" by Adele
"Angels" by Robbie Williams
"You're Still You" by Josh Groban
"Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis Presley
"Hidden Away" by Josh Groban
"Save The Last Dance for Me" by Harry Connick Jr.
"Silver Lining" by Rilo Kiley
"The End of The World" by Skeeter Davis
"You Don't Have to Say You Love Me" by Dusty Springfield
"When I Was Your Man" by Bruno Mars
"Say Something" by A Great Big World with Christina Aguilera
"Doesn't Mean Goodbye" by Jon McLaughlin
"You Make Me Feel So Young" by Michael Buble
"It Had To Be You" by Harry Connick Jr.
"The End" by Nancy Sinatra
"Why Do You Let Me Stay Here" by She & Him
"I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues" by Elton John
"Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me" by Elton John
"I Need a Dollar" by Aloe Blacc
"At Last" by Etta James
"Misty" by Johnny Mathis
"Unforgettable" by Nat King Cole
"Let It Be Me" by The Everly Brothers
"Last Song" by Edward Bear
"My Little Corner of the World" by Yo La Tengo
"Make Someone Happy" by Jimmy Durante
Subscribe/listen to the playlist on Spotify. The Marrying Type is available from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Kobo.
A one-pound package of caramels from Whitney's Goodies. The winner can choose their flavor from those listed below.
This giveaway is open to residents of the USA only.
- The Girl Next Door (Crème Caramels): A scrumptious, full-bodied caramel. Old fashioned, melt-in-your-mouth bliss!
- The Charmer (Chocolate Crème Caramels): This smooth, chocolate cream caramel will add panache to your day. An exquisite and elegant morsel, simply irresistible.
- The Movie Star (Orange Crème Caramels): A timeless treat that will satisfy caramel fans of all ages. “The stuff that dreams are made of!”
- The Bombshell (Lemon Crème Caramels): A bodacious bit of heaven with a bold citrus pallet. They will leave you satisfied and refreshed. Caramels are a girl’s best friend!
- Always a Lady (Rose Caramels): A delicate bouquet of rose essence infuses this lovely caramel: alluring, tantalizing and reminiscent of another era. They are perfect for weddings and bridal showers. A definite for ladies who lunch or breakfast at Tiffany’s.
To enter, answer the following question in the comments section below: Which of the songs on my book's playlist is your favorite?
Entrants must leave their full name, along with an e-mail address (Make sure you underline, bold, and highlight this as we must have a way to contact the winner!) A winner will be chosen via Random.org on Wednesday, May 20th.
Be sure to check out other great Chick Lit playlists today with #ChickLitMay: