It's July 1, which means it's time to head back to Camp NaNoWriMo. After using Camp NaNoWriMo to fulfill my writing goal in April (look for an announcement about my holiday novella later this summer), I'm excited to see if I can replicate that success again this time around.
A few facts about this journey to camp:
- My word count goal for the month is 40,000 words, though it wouldn't hurt my feelings if I surpassed that.
- I'm tackling two projects this July. The first will be to complete the final part of my fourth novel (which is a sequel to my third novel, which will be out later this year). Then I'm moving on to book five, which will involve...
- Writing what may be my most complicated project to date. Book five has multiple points of view and some heavier themes. But I still want it to carry some of the humor I include in my other works.
- I've scheduled one week of vacation during the final week of the month. With no concrete plans for most of that week, I'm hoping to really bury myself in my writing and see what I can do. I've taken time off for writing before, and it doesn't always lead to success. I mean, I always accomplish something, which is nothing to frown at, but I'd really like to make this one count. I'll have to do some more planning and configuring before that.
- I'm really excited to get back into heavy writing mode after taking May and most of June off to be in editing, querying, and promoting mode.
With that, I'd better hit the writing. Stay tuned for more updates on how this month goes. To my fellow participants. good luck.
Stay connected. "Like" Change the Word on Facebook. Follow my other adventures on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Receive news updates via my e-newsletter.