Here are a couple of lists I made recently while making avocado macaroni and cheese. (It was delicious and you should definitely try it. Here's the recipe.)
Ways I Am Like a Disney Princess
- I tend to sing while I cook and clean.
- I have also been known to break out into spontaneous dance.
- I am always up for running through a meadow with my arms open wide. (But not too fast. More of a nice, elegant prance than a straight-out run.)
- I frequently wish upon stars. (Okay, not princess-related, strictly speaking, but it's within the family of thought.)
- I am a sucker for a guy with a great smile, who also loves dogs.
- I listen with my heart. (But I also overthink everything to death.)
- I believe a dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep. (Except for the ones where I'm falling or I'm losing my teeth. Those don't count.)
- I want to be a cat. (Everybody does.)
- I want adventure in the great wide somewhere.
- I want more.
Ways I Am NOT Like a Disney Princess
- I can't bring myself to befriend vermin, nor am I comfortable with said vermin being in my house.
- I also don't make a regular practice of baring my soul to any of the following: mice, birds, crickets, fish, crabs, raccoons or dragons.
- I'm not a renowned beauty.
- My hair doesn't look fabulous when I get out of bed. (But it does have volume.)
- I would never share my plate of spaghetti with a date.
- I have never been known to turn down a meal, even if I'm not particularly fond of the company.
- I don't have a waist a man could span with both of his hands. (You read the last two points, right?)
- I have two living parents; neither are wicked.
- I don't think it's cute to be woken up with a kiss. (Just ask my cat.)
- I'm not waiting for a prince to rescue me. (But I will gladly makeout with one.)
And for good measure, here's a photo of that avocado macaroni and cheese. It was just green enough to be fun, but not so green I felt like I was being healthy.
Note: I subbed Greek yogurt and mozzarella for the milk and cheese. Plus I skipped the lime juice and cilantro. I was working within my fridge and pantry.
(Another quick note, this post was written and scheduled before I fled for a week in France. In all likelihood, I do not have an Internet connection, so I may not be able to see any comments you leave. And now I've revealed another flaw of mine: I'm incredibly vain as evidenced by my assuming anyone is going to read this post let alone leave a comment. Excusez-moi, si voix plait!)
***Let's keep in touch. Connect with me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.***